“Time for Africa” A New Film Collaboration between Europe and Africa By Makido Austria and Eko International Film Festival Nigeria
Makido and EKOIFF present the Time for Africa! film competition. Filmmakers can enter a short now focuses on Nigerian Women for short Internship film Competition.
The new focus is now on (What does Nigerian middle class look like? What is the middle class in Nigeria? How do women lead their lives in the triangle of family, work and spirituality?).
The film should be of a maximum length of 7 minutes.
The prize: Two paid internships.
The internships will be for a minimum of three and a maximum of six months, starting in 2015 at the earliest.
The applicants should be between 24 and 29 years old and either be enrolled at a university or have graduated not longer than two years ago in July 2015. Females are strongly encouraged to apply. The internship will be paid.
An intern will have the opportunity to work in one or more of the following roles:
– Journalist and content developer
– Camera Assistant (work with experienced camera operators, use of broadcast cameras and ancillary equipment as well as lighting equipment)
– Sound Assistant (Microphone technology, boom handling, radio microphones, personal microphones, a particular focus on voice recording)
– Editing Assistant (work with experienced video editors and directors, preparation, support and finishing of an edit, management of footage, archive handling and research)
– Delivery Assistant (finalise programs for transmission, creation of accessible versions, subtitling, DVD authoring)
– Production Assistant (an in depth experience of the complex processes required for any TV production)
Are you interested in taking part in the competition? Please send your film on DVD, CV and motivation statement to
Mr Hope Obioma Opara, email@example.com
The deadline is 10 November 2014.
- A CV and a motivation statement, including a description of your technical skills and any references to films you have already contributed to.
- A copy of your valid passport.
- Dates of availability in 2015 and preferred length of assignment.
- A recommendation letter from academia or business.
For more information about us, please visit
www.makidofilm.tv and www.ekoiff.org